Sunday, May 30, 2010

A simple gathering that became a "LOVE" talk.

I went out with my friend last night. We went to Kado, in Kuching. A very special Cafe, well, not to say a Cafe lah.. ah, hard to explain. Anyway, we went there, the 5 of us, Sie Yu, Hancy, Han Yuan, and Sze Wei(a VERY long-time-no-see primary school friend) Well, we sat down & talk & talk. From 7pm till...... 10pm.
This is one of the seat inside. There's different 'themes' for different seats.. A lovely place for gathering, especially. Though the food are quite expensive. (but my generous friend still treat us, haha.)
My friend's. Something like a Chicken Chop or something. She said the food VERY nice. I dunno. But SHOULD be.. since it's SO expensive leh.
French fries and burger. Looks nice. n_n
Mine. Don't know what to order since it's my first time there. So, my friend recommend "Lavender Milk Tea with zheng zhu(pearl)". I think the pearl is TOO MUCH. I would say you eat it rather than you drink this thing. & I think I ate a lot of lavender petals. The drinks is ok ok lah. I still prefer chocolate.

So, well, we talk a lot about our studies(little), what are we doing now, how we've been in these 3 years... I realised a lot has changed.. Some of my friends got married, even became a mum of a 2yr old son! What a surprise! I'm really shocked. Am I getting old??

Well, my friend talks a lot about 'L-O-V-E' which is a no-no topic for me. They have at least once relationship before so it's interesting for them, but to me, I love to stay single, so I was just sitting there, listening...

Then, suddenly, they turn over and asked, "Hmm, how about you?"
"Urgh.." I was thinking oh oh. But then, I thought, what's wrong being single?
& I said, "Well, it doesn't matter to me since I plan to work hard and buy a place in a 'luxury' old folks home & stay there. That's what I plan."
"No way, I don't believe it. You must have at least 'dream' for a boyfriend, right?"
Yes, I admit I do, sometimes. BUT BUT BUT, I STILL PREFER SINGLE. I love being alone. I love reading, under a tree with a cup of coffee, u know, those kind of things 'nerds' do. I AM SINGLE. I LOVE SINGLE. I WANT TO BE SINGLE!
Well, it's hard to convince my friend since he's kinda "LOVE expert". From his countless experience of love relationship. Hmm.
Well, the lines goes on with that.... why women love bad guys... blah blah blah... then to, why do women think this and that way, turning here and there... to, why women loves to hear lies...

Urgh... I think we HAVE really grown-up. No longer talking about studies, complaining about teachers in school.. calling each teacher with funny names..

Topics have change to love, career, when are you getting married?, money..

Sigh. I miss those days when we still wear those blue and white uniforms, staying in the library the whole day... those memories are SO SO sweet!

My mum was just asking, comparing between LimKokWing friends and secondary school friends, which do you prefer? I would say, "Secondary School Friends" Becoz we see each other, eat together for nearly 5 years, everyday except Saturday and Sunday of coz! Unlike LKW friends, I dont even have lunch with them before! Not to say they are not good, of coz, there are SOME really good friends, but most of the time we just talk about, "Is the presentation next week?" or "Have you done your Assignment 2?", you know.. I can't even pronounce their full name even though I already be with them for more than 2 years.

Anyway, I was just depressed over these weeks because I wonder whether I have friends. I feel so alone. Too lonely... Luckily, they asked me to go out. It was really fun going out with these bunch of friend, making me feel so 'content'.. as if I'm normal who has a life. If you know what I'm saying.....

2 comments:

Your Favourite Worst Enemy said...

Hey, Crystal! You're not alone- I feel the exact same too (re: growing up, preferring to be unattached, feeling depressed because of my apparent lack of friends)... In fact, I almost wanted to write a blog post about these too- but meh. Anyhoo, I just want to let you know that you're one of those very few LKW friends whose friendship I truly treasure... eventhough I'm far away in not- so- cyber Cyberjaya. :'D

Crystal said...

Ya ya. Thank you for your "support"!

You know, you're in the "SOME really good friends in LKW"!! HA! I really miss those time we used to spend together... I remember nearly every Friday afternoon we sat in the class doing assignment & talk talk talk at the same time.

Hey, you should write about it.. I'd love to read it. n_n